Obviously jewelry is the coolest thing one can make out of bike tubes, however I am always on the prowl for new uses for our stretchy and durable friends. Here are five ones I thought were pretty functional, awesome, etc. I can’t wait to try them out (if I haven’t already).
1. Resistant Band for Exercising: I have definately done this while doing my morning yoga.
2. Chair Seat: replace an old seat on a wooden (or metal) chair with weaved bike inner tubes. It looks super chic.
3. Inner Tube String: I often cut up bike inner tubes into strips to use as stretchy string, elastic bands, etc. Perhaps NOT chic, but oh so functional.
4. Protective Cover for Chains: just thread your chain in a bike tube and voila, no pinched fingers.
5. Handle Bar Tape: this is what I use for my bars, it looks great, is grippy, and is free! Word of caution: it does make your hands dirty sometimes.